Friday, June 19, 2009

Feminine Friday

I'm so glad I read this post on Valencia's blog at Buildeth Her House. I was raised to only wear dresses, and when I got older and married I started wearing pants, but still wore dresses too. After ending up with psoraisis on my legs and dealing with the not-so-fun comments people would make, I started to wear more and more pants and jeans (during the week) and kinda got away from the dresses. After reading her post, I started to feel differently about hiding behind pants and felt so pretty and feminine wearing a dress. The psoraisis is barely noticeable now, and the scars left behind are beginning to fade. God sent this post at the right time. Now I need to add more dresses and skirts to my wardrobe for weekly wear since I have plenty for church! I actually had on one today and took a picture in it, but my phone is in mental retardation mode and won't let me download it. I should've used my camera, but whatever.

Here's a picture of me in one of my favorite outfits for church. I know it wasn't taken on a Friday, but I desperately wanted to join this post! Gotta luv me!!! lol




7 comments:

  1. This is such a great post! Good for you! Can't wait to see you in more dresses. What a great photo of you. Pink is definitely your color! I remember in HS, I used to be ashamed to wear short sleeved shirts because my arms were so bony looking. It was my senior year that I decided and felt that I really didn't care what people thought. My arms were still bony but I wore short sleeves anyhow. Great post!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH what a pretty outfit! It is fun to feel like a girl! ((smile))

    I wear pants too, but I like to feel feminine and girlie when I can.

    I think the clue is modesty and moderation.

    Have a good Saturday and a worshipful Lord's Day tomorrow.

    Linda @ truthful Tidbits

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so pretty in pink!! You're such a lady in that outfit. Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope to see you next Friday!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look great in pink! This is a beautiful dress!:) Great post!

    Linda C

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look wonderful...what a pretty outfit!
    ~Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH how LOVELY and PINK! WOOHOOO! (((((HUGS))))) sandi~found you blog hopping and am enjoying it here!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This outfit looks so lovely on you! I also wear a lot of skirts and dresses. I don't even own a pair of pants anymore. I always thought I was to overweight to wear a skirt, but I found out that I looked much better with skirts and feel more freely too. I wil become a follower of your blog, I love it! Greetings from the Netherlands, Mama Lieveheersbeestje.

    ReplyDelete

What my blessed readers have to say....