Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentines!

I hope everyone had a wonderful day! Mine was hectic, but I did most of what I had planned to do. Being that it's been so cold here lately, I hadn't ventured out into the frozen tundra of our garage to get any decorations until today. We went from 12 degrees near the end of last week, to 72 degrees today! So, since I was late I decided to just have a Valentine's dinner and give the kiddos some treats, since the school district decided they couldn't have parties. That meant braving WalMart and Kroger today (something I don't recommend) and snagging what was left. Never shop on Valentines Day, because the store is full desperate men grabbing plants and ready made floral arrangements, frantically looking for cards, etc. Not a pretty sight. My daughter and hubby went last night (under the guise of getting gas), so she was able to tell me what he said he wanted. Added to the drama of last minute gift buying, was searching for Davon's items for his Famous Texan project due today! Due to a misunderstanding of emails between two fourth grade teachers (yes, I have two fourth graders), I had to find items for him to use as props. Needless to say, ripping and running was an understatement! Well, I survived and had a good day. The kids and hubby were happy too, so that's what is most important! Ahh, the things we do for love!

Let me share some love with you!

My goodies from darling hubby


The roses are from hubby and the colorful flowers are from the kids.....so sweet!


Hubby's goodies (fat free gourmet jelly beans, sucrose free fudge and butter & cheddar popcorn)


Kid-friendly Table setting


Cutest plates (thanks Dollar General!)


Goodie bags for the kids


Spread love everyday!!!
Be Blessed!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What my blessed readers have to say....