Thursday, January 7, 2010

Bargain Day!!!

I'm a day behind, but I just had to post the goodies I found yesterday. I went to the bank and I overheard a lady talking about Hobby Lobby having 90 percent off on Christmas decor. Yes, you heard right......N-I-N-E-T-Y P-E-R-C-E-N-T O-F-F!!!! Of course, I figured that there wouldn't be much left, since I rarely find out about a ginormous sale until after the fact. There wasn't a whole lot left, but I was able to find a few goodies and saved a ton!

Aren't the gingerbread men plates adorable? There were regularly $16.99 each. I got them for $3.40 for both! The peppermint candles were regularly $9.99 and I got them for $1.00! One was broke, but there's still five left, so I still did good! The snow globe was a whopping $29.99, but I paid a whole $3.00! The little tree skirt was only $2.99 and I only paid $0.30!!! I forgot to take a picture of the two six foot ropes of garland that were originally $7.99. I got them for $0.80! I plan to use some of the garland on my kitchen light fixture (HGTV idea) next Christmas! I couldn't believe the prices! My total came up to $9.20 and I saved $76.44!!!!



I left Hob Lob and went next door to JcPenney to get the peppermint candy dishes that they had for $3.99. Well, the key word was "HAD" because they were long gone when I got there! Oh well, I at least got a candle that was only $3.49. Next year, I hope to make a tablescape using all the candles and the gingerbread men plates.



Afterwards, I went to Which Wich sandwich shop and scored again! My girlfriend from down the street, told me that there was a coupon in the Sunday paper for any sandwich for 99 cents. After checking it out, I discovered that no coupon was actually necessary, so you could get as many as you wanted! Of course I had to stand in line outside in the cold (with 5 kiddos in tow) for a few minutes and then wait inside for a few more (you know a "few" isn't short, right?), but I walked away with 8 sub sandwiches for $8.66!!! Funny, I spent more on the chips and soda at Family Dollar ($10 for 2 bags of Lays and 3 2-liter sodas) than I did on the sandwiches!!! Anyway, I had a great bargain filled day!

Be Blessed!

2 comments:

  1. What great bargains. I love them all. I need to make a trip to HL. I havn't been in quite a while. Love the gingerbread men plates. They are just too cute. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girl! Way to go! My friend Manuela goes to Hobby Lobby all the time. I believe she lives in Georgia. She always gets great bargains. We don't have one here where I live. It sounds like a great place to shop. Thanks for stopping by my blog and God bless you!

    ReplyDelete

What my blessed readers have to say....