Tuesday, March 1, 2011

My M.A.C. Experience


Yesterday, my daughter and I hung out at the mall for a little while. She decided to have some mascara applied by a MAC makeup artist in Nordstrom's. Well, mascara turned into moisturizer, eyeshadow, blush and lip gloss. While waiting, the sweet, but seriously plain & earthy looking makeup artist asked if I wanted my face done too. Since I ran out the house face undone, I decided to give it a try. I've never worn MAC before, so I wanted to try it since I've heard so much hype about it.

First, she asked if I wanted a shiny or matte finish. Seeing that my skin is oily, I thought that was a no-brainer, but I guess not. I said matte. So, she used strobe cream (mistake #1). Then she asked if I wore blush, and I said yes, so she used Powder Blush in Format (mistake #2). She used a couple of shades of eyeshadow, which were sketch and brown script, and a rubenesque paint pot. She used the brown script for my eyeliner. Then she filled in my brows (mistake #3). She used a brow pencil in stud. Finally, she used the tinted lipglass in lovechild. Ok, let me explain the mistakes. Number 1 - On the MAC website, Strobe Cream is supercharged with POTENT botanicals. Obviously they are quite potent, because I immediately started to notice little bumps on my face. Number 2 - Since she was quite barefaced, she obviously doesn't have a whole lot of experience with blush. I literally looked like I was blushing! Note to self: never get make up done by Birkenstock fresh faced looking girl. Then, Mistake #3 - My brows. She drew and drew and drew. Honestly, I thought I was going to have some picture on my face for the time that she spent filling in my brows. I know they are light, but come on. Anyhoo, my finished look included Anne Frank eyebrows, rosy pink cheeks and bumpy skin! My cheeks look decent in the pic, but they were a lot pinker than they look. The bumps are right under my glasses, so they aren't too noticeable either.

I didn't exactly have a wonderful first time MAC experience, to say the least. Would I do it again? Probably not the whole nine yards, but I really did like their eyeshadow and loved the lipglass! Regardless of my experience, I enjoyed hanging out with my dear daughter. We had fun!




Be Blessed!

2 comments:

  1. Your daughter Chondra has grown up. I love the way you have such a wonderful family life. Both your smiles tell it all. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and your daughter look so nice. Love the nail polish. You need to start posting your nails :)

    ReplyDelete

What my blessed readers have to say....