I saw this cool Christmas meme over at Denise's blog at Organized Homemaking for Christ. I love filling stuff like this in....
About the TREE....
1.When do you put up the Christmas tree? Usually, we put it up the Saturday after Thanksgiving..
2. Real or fake? We have an artificial tree(fake sounds so un-glam!)
3. Lights? What color? hundreds of them in white (clear)
4. Garland? They're actually strands of ivory, rose and burgundy beads
5. Theme or no theme? The main tree has burgundy, rose and gold decorations, but not an actual theme. Some of the smaller trees throughout the house have sports or candy themes
6. What kind of topper? A star with white lights
7. What's your favorite ornament? a beautiful little gold and burgundy church
8. What does your tree skirt look like? burgundy velvet with a gold trim
9. Where do you put your tree? In my husband's office, right in front of the window
10. Who decorates the tree? The whole family
11.What's "under" the tree? Nothing yet
12. Do you put candy canes on your tree? Not on the big one, but on one of the smaller ones (little candy canes)
About the FOODS....
1. What's your favorite Christmas cookie? sugar cookies with decorations on them
2. Do you bake cookies and give them away? I bake them, but have never given them away. I might do Denise's jar idea this year.
3. Any "special" foods or candy that you only have at Christmas time? I have a recipe for candy made from almond bark and peanut m&ms, that I only do for Christmas time
4. What do you eat Christmas EVE? a light meal
5. What do you eat on Christmas day? Breakfast: Eggs, bacon, biscuits or pastries and juice; Lunch: really just a snack because dinner is early; Dinner: Ham, turkey, tamales, green beans, dressing with cranberry sauce, mac and cheese abd deserts galore!
6. Do you like Eggnog?? I love eggnog, eggnog ice cream, eggnog lattes from Starbucks....
7. Do you like candy canes? I love peppermint, which was my daddy's favorite
1. Where do you hang your stockings? Fireplace mantel
2. Do you put lights on your house? Not yet; hopefully one day when I can afford to pay someone to hang them (lol)
3. Got any outside lawn decorations? I have a porch tree that I just got at Belk, and small Christmas trees with lights, snowmen path lights and lighted gift boxes
4. Do you put up a nativity (crèche)? Not outside, but I have a small one in the house
5. Do you hang mistletoe over the door? No, but I might do that this year
6. Got a wreath on your front door? Yes, a big, beautiful gold one
7. How long does it take you to decorate? Most of December! The year we moved in, I decorated on Christmas eve (we moved in on the 22nd), because I was determined that the kiddos would have a semi-normal Christmas!
About the movies/show
1 . Favorite Children's Xmas TV show/cartoon? Charlie Brown Christmas, Frosty the Snowman, Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer
2. Wonderful Life/Miracle on 34th St/A Christmas Carol (Scrooge)..Miracle on 34th St.
Favorite Christmas movie?? A Christmas Story, we watch it as a family ever year and crack up laughing every year!
4. Have you ever seen the Nutcracker Suite Ballet live? No
5. Ever been to the Radio City Music Hall Christmas show?? No
6. Ever gone to the movies on Xmas Day? No
Other Christmas things....
1. Favorite Christmas book or story? The story of Jesus' birth
2. Do you stuff your stockings with any types of food? For the kids? We do little toys and candy and jewelry (for the girls)
3. Do you go to church on Christmas or Christmas Eve? Depending on what day it falls on, we usually have a Christmas program and if there's a Wednesday night right before, we usually omit bible study and have a service
4. Have you ever gone Caroling? When I worked at Kelly Air Force Base in San Antonio, we went caroling on base
5. Favorite Christmas Carol? The First Noel
6. Do you believe in Santa? Yes, I'm married to him!
7. Do you leave Santa cookies? No, because Santa is a diabetic (type 2) and doesn't need to be enticed!
8. What about Rudolph...what about him? I can't single him out, without doing for Donner, Blitzen, Comet, Cupid, etc.
9. What was your best Christmas gift? My Dooney & Bourke giraffe print "June" bag, that I got last year!
10. What was the worst/most odd gift? Hmmmm...
11. Do you go to a "work" Christmas party? Since we moved to Fort Worth, we haven't. My husband's job usually has a luncheon at Joe T. Garcia's Mexican Restaurant and only I go with him. My job doesn't do one since we're at a store and nobody's ever off at the same time.
12. Do you hate going? No, it's okay
13. Do you send Christmas cards? Haven't in a while, but hopefully we'll get a few out this year
14. Do you make a "list"? Yes
15. Do you check it twice? & thrice & etc...Yes
16.When do you start shopping? When I have money
17.Do you shop on Black Friday? I had to work it this year, but I have before
20. ARE YOU READY FOR CHRISTMAS? I'm always ready for Christmas!!! My favorite holiday ever!
TAG! You're it.
All my blogging friends! I would love to see what you put for your answers!
Inspired By: Lake House Style
2 days ago